Monday, April 21, 2008

Happiness in a couple of garbage bags

A few weeks ago I signed up to join a group online called freecycle, an absolutely great way to keep perfectly usable items out of our landfills. People post things that they have or things that they need and within days they're usually filled/picked up/whatever. Well, yesterday I was gifted with two garbage bags filled with fabric and craft supplies. I was thrilled! Everything was amazing, even the little scraps. As I make more and more handbags (which I've now been asked to sell at a fundraiser in June) I'm finding that I just can't afford new fabric. This gift is perfect.

I encourage everyone to try freecycle. There's groups set up in all sorts of communities, so you wont need to travel far for pick ups or drop offs. Give 'er a shot!

No comments: